What Are Plane Arms? What Are Plane Rods?

plane arms rods
Home > Tool Dictionary / Tool Terminology

Plane arms or plane rods are usually cylindrical shaped poles. The arms / rods are usually used to support attachments such as a fence.

The attachments usually can be adjusted on the arms / rods by sliding the attachment along the arms / rods to a required position.

Arms / Rods appear on planes such as plough, combination, multi and fillister planes.

The arms / rods often act as an anchor point when securing an attachment in position.


(i) This review/article may give warning(s) / advisory notes / cautions / guidelines given in good faith, any such information should not be solely relied upon and seen as the exhaustive list of warnings / advisory notes / cautions / guidelines. Refer to good safety practices for the safety of you and others. Refer to good practices for the good health of your tool and property.
(ii) The details here are given in good faith, the details are constantly growing and evolving, there is scope for error and shouldn't be fully relied upon, please confirm any details for yourself by performing additional research from reliable sources.

Use Of Content

Enjoy viewing the encyclopedia of tools.

If you use info such as dates, sizes, details from FindMyTool.co.uk for certain online auction sites, forums, video footage, websites and any other forms of media, please kindly give credit to this site and spread the word so others know where to find the information.

Please see our terms if using more than a few dates or details.


Your AD Here

Copyright © findmytool.co.uk All rights reserved